Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Wow. A crazy year indeed. I don't know why. I think it was the companies falt!!!! ahahah. Blame others...blame others....
No really. I have to say that the kids were very good. My daughter patiently waited until it was time to go out and my son gave no argument  about getting dressed up either. We headed out, took pictures and started trick or treating. 
UNTIL: We met up with the group that formed. It was madness. This could almost qualify as passive parent, not on my part, but on the part of another. A group of about 4 kids lead in running house to house and 2 trailed behind, mostly because of the Mother that just kept talking to everyone!!!!!!! Then the little ones in the wagon, for now! So the one kid of the Chatty Cathy Mom starts SCREAMING!!! "I WANT TO RING THE BELL" But he's like 2 houses behind now! The group of 4 are moving on. She just says "ok, you'll get to ring the bell" No, No he won't!! He doesn't want to walk to the house on his own and ring the bell, he wants to be with the group and ring it with all of them! So instead of skipping the houses that the group have already hit up, she drags them to the doors. He's still screaming, now THROWING his bucket of candy. She picks it up, walks on with him. REALLY? Personally I would have dragged him home. But they who would she talk to?!
Sorry. I'll stop. Halloween was very cute. My two little dressing up kids were cute and well behaved and yes....filled up to the brim with sugar!!!

No comments: